dissabte, 28 de febrer del 2009

Obervation your oral presentation

TOPIC: South Africa

Presentation:
1. Did you use any resources? Yes, a powerpoint and two videos.
2. Were the resources relevant and attractive? Yes, they were.

Body language and eye contact:
3. Did you look at your audience most of the time? I look sometimes the power point but I’m think that I look at the audience for the majority time.
4. Did you read from your notes? Only in the numbers how the years.
5. Did you do any gestures/movement to hold the attention of you audience? In the first presentation I move a lot, but in this presentation I had partners and I don’t needed.

Structure:
6. Did you organize your ideas in order of importance? Yes.
7. Did you use discourse makers to make your ideas more clear? No, I improvize my ideas that I think were correct.

Content:
8. Did you introduce interesting, NEW information to your audience? Yes.
9. Did you look up information/facts/ideas in the Internet/books? Yes.
10. Was your information more superficial or more detailed and original? A little bit superficial in geography and politics but detailed in history of the country.

Language:
11. Did you use check your grammar? Yes.
12. Did you use rich vocabulary looking up the dictionary? Yes.
13. Did you use sentence linkers? No a lot but yes.
14. Did you use fillers? No, I use the important information I wanted to say.

Pronunciation & Intonation:
15. Did you know how to pronunce all you words? Yes, we practised together a lot.
16. Did you check the pronunciation with a dictionary, a classmate or the teacher? No.
17. Did you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time? I think that no.
18. Did you speed in a fluid continuum or with breaks and interruptions? In a fluid continuum but with some breaks.

Self-Evaluation: I’m critic and I expect it would be worst than the first, I had more breaks and I didn’t said all I want and I made some grammar errors.

Check your Language and Structure. Can you correct your mistakes?
I think the Structure it's correct because we’ve worked a lot but I’ve done some grammar erros because I were a little bit nervous at the first time and for this reason I made some breaks.