dissabte, 16 de maig del 2009

Observation your oral presentation

TOPIC: Hunger in Africa

Presentation:
1. Did you use any resources? Yes, a powerpoint and a video.
2. Were the resources relevant and attractive? Yes, they were.

Body language and eye contact:
3. Did you look at your audience most of the time? I look sometimes the power point and notes but I’m think that I look at the audience for the majority time.
4. Did you read from your notes? Only in the numbers how the years and sometimes when I don’t remeber the beginning of a sentence.
5. Did you do any gestures/movement to hold the attention of you audience? I think that I do gestures involuntary.

Structure:
6. Did you organize your ideas in order of importance? Yes.
7. Did you use discourse makers to make your ideas more clear? No, I improvize my ideas that I think were correct.

Content:
8. Did you introduce interesting, NEW information to your audience? Yes.
9. Did you look up information/facts/ideas in the Internet/books? Yes.
10. Was your information more superficial or more detailed and original? I think that in all our presentations in third term the information is more detailed.

Language:
11. Did you use check your grammar? Yes.
12. Did you use rich vocabulary looking up the dictionary? Yes.
13. Did you use sentence linkers? Yes.
14. Did you use fillers? No, I use the important information I wanted to say.

Pronunciation & Intonation:
15. Did you know how to pronunce all you words? Yes, we practised together a lot but I’ve done some mistakes.
16. Did you check the pronunciation with a dictionary, a classmate or the teacher? No.
17. Did you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time? I think that no.
18. Did you speed in a fluid continuum or with breaks and interruptions? In a fluid continuum but with some breaks in difficult sentences.

Self-Evaluation: I’m critic and I expect it would be worst than the first but better than the second, I had a lot of breaks in some parts.


Check your Language and Structure. Can you correct your mistakes?
I think the Structure it's correct because we’ve worked a lot but I’ve done some grammar errors because I was a little bit nervous at the first time and for this reason I made some breaks.