divendres, 28 de novembre del 2008

Obervation your oral presentation

TOPIC: U.S. Elections

Presentation:
1. Did you use any resources? Yes, powerpoint and a video.
2. Were the resources relevant and attractive? Yes, they were.

Body language and eye contact:
3. Did you look at your audience most of the time? I look sometimes the power point at first time, because I was nervous. But no a lot of time.
4. Did you read from your notes? Only in the number how many delegates win Obama against Clinton and McCain.
5. Did you do any gestures/movement to hold the attention of you audience? Yes, a lot. It’s my nature, I expresse all with gestures and when I was speaking I moved a lot.

Structure:
6. Did you organize your ideas in order of importance? Yes.
7. Did you use discourse makers to make your ideas more clear? No, I improvize my ideas that I think were correct.

Content:
8. Did you introduce interesting, NEW information to your audience? Yes.
9. Did you look up information/facts/ideas in the Internet/books? Yes.
10. Was your information more superficial or more detailed and original? A little of everything.

Language:
11. Did you use check your grammar? Yes.
12. Did you use rich vocabulary looking up the dictionary? Yes.
13. Did you use sentence linkers? A little.
14. Did you use fillers? No, I use the important information I wanted to say.

Pronunciation & Intonation:
15. Did you know how to pronunce all you words? Yes, I practised it before the oral presentation, it’s obvious.
16. Did you check the pronunciation with a dictionary, a classmate or the teacher? No.
17. Did you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time? I change the tone of my voice to pronunciate american names and othet things. Definetly yes.
18. Did you speed in a fluid continuum or with breaks and interruptions? In a fluid continuum.

Self-Evaluation: Being benebolos, 10? Jaj. Seven, for the looks to screen and to have left me a couple of things.



Check your Language and Structure. Can you correct your mistakes?
I think the Structure it's correct but I was a little bit nervous at first time and it's caused I less a couple of things to say. I repeat the sentence linker "well" and I don't use any more. I think I could do it better.